Thread: Safely Detoxing
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2014, 09:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
TheGreatGatsby

Safely Detoxing

I'm 35 and my wife was in a head on collision with a semi truck and died back in June. My daughter somehow survived the crash, but that wasn't enough to keep me away from the bottle. I'd been mostly a binge drinker, a few days there, a few days here, very sporadically, I'd go months without booze, but in July I completely lost it and began drinking everyday. At first it was a pint of vodka, sometimes a little more, then it was two pints, and yesterday I hit the three pint daily limit. I had tried to quit cold turkey and was successful for a few days, but became scared when the symptoms of seizure and DT's started showing up. Also, due to the heavy drinking I have gastritis which makes the nausea worse and unbearable. So, I get prescribed klonopin every month, but my sister has cancer so I let her have some because it helps her after chemo, so now I'm out, but I do have a connect on Xanax, in fact I decided to quit, again, today,because I'm just completely done with alcohol and how it runs my life and started with 1 mg of Xanax when I woke up. I don't like benzos, never have, so I'm not trying to switch addictions here, I just want to safely self detox because inpatient is an impossibility right now because my little one has her last surgery from the accident tomorrow and will need me for a couple weeks. I was a combat medic in the Army so I'm not ignorant about drugs, but I was wondering if anyone had a suggestion on the med regiment I should follow to safely kick this crap out of my life, as in how many days should I take the benzos and if you know a lot maybe a good dosage. I'm just trying to not die, and move on with my life. Trust me, I am done with drowning my sorrow in a bottle. I've learnt my lesson. Any guidance is appreciated. Thanks guys.