Thread: 23 days sober
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2014, 09:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Shakenup

Post 23 days sober

Hello Everyone,
Today I am 23 days sober and feeling great! I would most likely still be drinking if not for a car accident in which I was seriously injured. I am lucky to be alive. I don't remember anything about the accident or the events of that day. I woke up in the emergency room and didn't know why I was there. This has been a life changing experience and has helped me get my priorities in order. I want to live a healthy life and be a better mother and wife. I have not had a single drink since the accident and plan to continue being sober. I am entered in an outpatient substance abuse program and individual therapy. I feel like there is more I need to do, such as attending AA meetings, finding a sponsor, discovering new hobbies and making new friends.

In addition to staying sober, I am worried about possible criminal charges. I have not been contacted by the police since the accident, I don't know what to expect. I need to request a copy of the incident report and find out what happened. I'm scared... very very scared. I have never been in this type of situation before and I don't know anyone else who has either.

I hope more good than bad comes from this situation, but I'm afraid the worst is still yet to come. All I do know for sure is that I need to stay sober.

Any advise is appreciated.

Thank you,

Shakenup