Thread: Abandonment
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2014, 08:48 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Nuudawn

Originally Posted by happyandfree View Post
My heart aches for you Nuu. Gotta say that I had a similar experience this time last year. I met a really nice guy and was quite smitten with him. We dated for about 3 months and he broke it off. Said he needed to work on himself. He suffered from ptsd from Vietnam . I thought I had done something wrong. I questioned myself and wondered how I had screwed up. It took me a while to realize that I hadn't done anything wrong. It just wasn't meant to be...and it's ok. You can move on from this also. The right person will cross your path when the time is right.
Thank you for sharing a similar circumstance...that helps me so much. It is so hard not to make it about ourselves...rejection and all that.

This too ..was not meant to be. Although I am still struggling through ever changing emotional tides, I know he was not the man for me. I just didn't want to admit it. We spent every Friday and Saturday night together for 2 months. The first few dates were non stop conversation as we caught up on each other's lives since high school....but it was all subsiding somehow....and THAT was due to a lack of "intimate" connection. Nobody was sharing their stories with their whole heart.....
And I know that was not me...I know I felt "stunted" somehow...like those sorts of conversations were "unwelcome" somehow. We did share values..but we did not share ourselves.
Then again...who really does in such a short time frame.

And yes, I have a long way to go in understanding who I truly am and what I truly need.

AND...I have decided to close my business (a long emotional burden) and move. I'll hitting the Klondike Trail to the Yukon sometime this week. I'm packing up my Tacoma and headin' North. I lived there before and LOVED it. I have family there (my sister who is also in recovery)...and there is much economic promise.

Yuuuuuuup.