Thread: Abandonment
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2014, 05:01 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
SoberComposer

Abandonment/loss is so hard to deal with. I am sorry to hear about your situation NuuDawn.

Try not to see that a higher power sent him too you. You are now sober and exuding more self-confidence so there will def be more men approaching you. When I was drinking, I very rarely had women look in my direction but since quitting nearly 3 months ago I have had to explain that I am not dating to more than one girl. For me, I am just simply not ready to open myself up for pain at the moment. There are soo maany lost people out there not facing their own reality and because of this they have little life-plans or long-term goals that they are actually willing to sacrifice immediate gratification for. This modern age of dating is so risky for caring and loving people. The only way that I can see is getting to know people as friends first. Only problem is most people don't really want friends if they can't get what they want from you. They will try to convince you they are good but most of the time they disappear when they don't get what they want.

Stay strong Nuudawn. The plight of 'good people' is long and hard but the rewards are pure and true. Do not give up :-) and know you will be challenged many more times. Each challenge teaches us how to avoid these nasty situations and brings us closer to happiness.

By the way, I hope I didn't come off too preachy there