Thread: Abandonment
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2014, 04:02 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Croissant

Nuu...you nailed it in your first sentence in this thread;

Originally Posted by Nuudawn View Post
In sobriety, I have realized that my alcoholism was an extreme case of self abandonment.
Please take this as gently as it's meant (although the words may sound harsh), as I've delayed posting this for a while - but I feel focusing on someone else is another form of abandoning yourself and not fronting up to look after you.

Despite what you went on to write in your first post, even though you are sober, this guy did NOT get to know the real you. YOU don't even know the real you yet this early. He did not reject you - I see you rejecting you and abandoning you in the wake of the next person who comes along and shows you some attention.

Be gentle on yourself, read your first post again...there's anger there, at him, at life, for throwing you a curve ball when you are trying so hard at sticking to sobriety. You know this bit, this is the tantrum throwing part where we scream, "cut me a break, I deserve it for all my hard work!!!".

The thing is, when I read it, I see you throwing all your sobriety anger at him, for abandoning you. You finish the post angry at "the powers that be".

The person who has all the power to protect yourself is you. The only abandonment I see is you abandoning yourself and getting upset and angry about something you know probably was not the best thing to pursue in early sobriety.

Mulling over his family history, relationship history, how he was a "wolf in sheeps clothing", "I trusted him".....is a diversion. It's time to mull over you.