View Single Post
Old 10-25-2014, 07:04 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  
DG0409

Drake, it's a good feeling to know we can get through our low times without turning to alcohol. And each time we do make it through we are stronger for it.

I read a lot less of the newcomer posts and less here in general. I've learned so much about alcohol, drug addiction and recovery that many of the posts are just repeats of the same questions and issues. 'What do I tell my friend/mom/coworker/person when I go out and I don't to drink?' and things like that. The threads that cover new ground and that I learn from are much fewer and farther in between. And I have less of a need to put my opinion out there. Much of the time there are others that have already given great answers and I don't need to add the same thing in different words. So, between reading less and commenting less when I do read, I post much less.

I finally got a good night's sleep last night. And I was able to sleep in this morning. So I'm feeling a bit better. I really don't function very well without enough sleep. I'm heading home today. It's almost 8 hours drive time and longer if I stop to eat or anything. I've done much longer drives, but I'm still not too psyched about this one. It's a long time to spend driving. But I have good motivtaion as my house, kitties and drums await me at the end.