View Single Post
Old 10-24-2014, 11:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
SonomaGal

One year and counting!

The last week I've thought about how important time became during the last 366 days of sobriety.

From the early days of counting hours, watching out for the witching hour, and feeling overjoyed to have double digit days. To the realization that it was easier to see progress in months rather than days. To the endless desire to be free of desire, and the long days that stretched out in front of me while I willed myself to just get more time. This year, time was my ally, my faith, and my challenge.

A year ago I probably would have been surprised that I'm still growing, learning, struggling (sometimes). I definitely had it in my head that quitting would be an instant cure all, which truthfully I'm glad it's not. I think the most meaningful and true thing I've heard about sobriety is that we end up letting go of things we didn't even know we were holding onto. It's so true!

Thanks for being such an incredible forum, so full of truth and craziness and inspiration!!! I don't know if I could have done it without you!

- H