View Single Post
Old 10-24-2014, 05:42 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Thomasthetank

Anxiety is a big part, in fact I'd say probably the main reason I drank. A big part of my recovery is accepting I can't control certain things. All I can do is put myself in the best position possible for good things to happen.

I messed up my ankle, I work in fitness, this is a big problem. But I limped to work and they let me work in reception until I'm better.

Just as easily, I could have stayed at home, called in and lost several months of work. Ruining my finances and feeling sorry for myself.

I left my girlfriend because she wanted me to drink. I could have stayed, it was easy, it was comfortable. Instead I made a difficult decision and my life was lonely for a while, but now I've met a girl who thinks it's pretty cool I don't drink. Maybe things will work out, maybe things wont, but it's better than not trying.

I had a well paying job which I left, because I wasn't happy. Lots of people said I was crazy, but now I wake up excited to go to work.

You drank tonight, ok. That doesn't mean you have to drink tomorrow. You can't control the world, but you can change who you are. The life you want will be easier to pursue once you're that person.

Imagine the look on your families face when you turn up to your dads 60th sober.