Thread: Scared!!!
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2014, 07:22 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
DoubleDragons

I have to believe that a long period of sobriety has to be helpful to you, Serenidad. I quit drinking a little over a year ago, after drinking for 27 years starting at the age of 15. I had no idea what sobriety even looked or felt like. I wasn't really sure sobriety was something worth wanting, because I had no adult experience with sobriety. Now I truly know how valuable it is and how much better life is as a sober person. So, if I were to fall off the wagon, I would understand much better what I had given up, losing my sobriety. To me, that knowledge has to be powerful to you and me and me and people like us. It makes the goal a little easier to fathom?!?

Further, when I was first getting sober, I thought of people who I knew, such as my great grandmother, who quit drinking without the help of AA, books, off-line support, family support, etc. She dug deep and I knew if she could do it, I could do it. Focus on the positives and the goal. You can do this!! You have already proven it to yourself!