Thread: Scared!!!
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2014, 03:46 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Soberpotamus

I think you're going to have to find your own truth in this, Serenidad. I'm one of those people who has to find her own way through things, sometimes taking advice, sometimes trial and error. There are times in life when you have to go within to find the inner wisdom there. At least, it was true for me.

My "higher power" turned out to be my innermost, wise self. She kind of knew all along that things weren't ok, and that better choices were to be made. So I have to take what others say with a huge grain of salt. Others' experiences are going to color their advice to you, of course. And AA has a "program" and as well as the acceptable program lingo and language. Many times these AA's are parroting what they've heard and have been taught to think and say. And that's not necessarily a bad thing for some The way I see it, is for those who need it, the lingo is a strength. The slogans are good early on especially.

I found that the dramatic predictions and forecasts have some element of truth in them, but weren't always applicable to my situation.

You can get sober today and stay sober. Find what you need in the program, in the fellowship, at SR, and wherever else you get support and run with it. Sometimes we have to piece together a way that works best for us