Thread: Scared!!!
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2014, 03:17 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Serenidad

Originally Posted by growpath View Post
Let this experience make you stronger! I once went to AA scared to death & not knowing if I would EVER get a day under my belt of spbriety and a lady chased me out of the meeting because I did not want to stay for the third meeting of the night. No dramatization here she chased me out of the AA meeting screaming...."you will die from this disease" waving the BB all the way to my car through my windshield (not even to just the door of the meeting) in a VERY public area. She scared me out of AA for another couple years. I moved to a different town desperate for sobriety again and went to AA as a last resort. I fell in love with these people. They took me under their wings and helped me learn a new sober way of life. My point is each meeting/group offers something different. Shop around. This is YOUR recovery. You choose who, what, where, when you allow into your recovery world. I told a couple of my AA friends the story of the AA woman in another town. They were beside themselves. The only one who lost out on a lot of recovery time in that span between moves was me! I missed out of a lot of growth because of one frankly idiotic woman! Don't let this lady do the same to you. Some people say stuff and have no idea how it'll affect someone. She may have meant nothing by it...or maybe she did. Who knows?! But the most important thing here is; do NOT choose to drink over it!! You will be the one hurting in the end. Just dont call her again. Move on down the list and keep dialing Hang in there Serenidad You had this for 5 years you are perfectly capable of having this forever
Wow cow! That's the craziest story I've ever heard! The people that seem to be the craziest lately are those "old timers" with 25 plus years. All my bad AA experiences lately have come from them. Not sure why??? They need to get off their high horses and remember where they came from! Ugh.

Sent from my iPhone using SoberRecovery