View Single Post
Old 10-23-2014, 10:54 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Florence

That's going to be tough to do from a jail cell, which is where he will be if you have a protection order that he attempts to violate. One single text message post-order will be considered a violation, the police will pick him up and transport him to your county jail.

You have plenty - more than enough - to obtain a temporary order. I know this because I recently went through the process, and I didn't have as much as you. Just some voicemails that scared the hell out of me. You go to court, you get a temporary order issued - all you do is walk in and find the window for protection from abuse orders - and then you show up about 2 weeks later to ask the judge to make it a more permanent order. This was also a simple process.
I agree. Agree, agree! But you have to follow through on it. Get the order. Don't contact him. When he contacts you, report it. Tell your family what's going on.

He can SAY anything he wants to. But is he actually capable of calling down the IRS on your family and ruining three generations of your family because he disapproves of your desicions? No. Absolutely not. Shut this dude down.