Thread: Struggling
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2014, 11:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
sapphire1981

Struggling

I guys I'm totally new on here so hello everyone! I found this forum after googling alcohol addiction. I'm 33 have two children and I'm training for a high profile profession, I guess on the outside I have it all....except I've been drinking, drinking mainly during the breakup of my 7 year relationship over the last two months. At first I justified it saying it was just a coping mechanism etc, but drinking everyday (about 2 bottles of wine) I thought I was ok till I went out on a night out Sunday and got really drunk, Monday tue and wed were horrendous, feelings of paranoia and anxiety, feeling panicked, small noises feeling like they are loud, and the worst thing for me has been insomnia and feelings of pins and needles all over my chest and neck and cold sweats! I've had to cut down to half a bottle a day because I'm worried just stopping altogether would make me worse.....help what do I do? If I look back I was drinking a lot before the breakup and everyday.....it's just increased since! I'm still going through it now and due to move out Saturday he tells me one min I can stay next minute I should go, I think it's making the anxiety worse! :-( x