Old 10-22-2014, 07:28 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
BlueChair

If you need clarification on what I wrote maybe ask.

This is embarrassing

I was referring to a scenario where if a woman found a lump on her husband (men get lumps various places too), not if I found a lump on myself.

Sorry if this confused you.

I have a cousin who found a lump in her breast when she was in her 30’s. She was in denial it could be a cancer and didn’t tell anyone or go to the doctor. Her husband actually felt the lump about 6 months later and asked her about it. She said it was a cyst, she had been watching it and it hadn’t changed in size. But he persisted with telling her she needed to have it examined and when she did it was stage 1 breast cancer. She had been in denial for months. So was he codependent? He also stayed with her through all of it supporting her day and night, missing work, holding her while she cried, and cleaning up vomit when she accidentally got it on the floor. Was he codependent?

Would you like another example, my husband almost died in a drug dealers house because he was too sick, in denial, constantly shooting up and didn’t realize he was dying from a pre-existing medical condition. But we moved heaven and earth to find him and get him the help he needed, and tonight he’s safe, healthy, drug free, and in our home.

were we all codependent?

People in denial, when their brain is ravaged by addiction will go to the store and by more death in a bottle, pill, or syringe.

I think you and I have different views on the entire scope of addiction, and looks like on ideas of codependency too.