Old 10-22-2014, 03:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
JustCrusade

Originally Posted by ssenteews View Post
I don't see the logic or reasoning....My husband is in a detox clinical part of a major hospital. When I attend the family and patient meetings, there seems to me to be spirit of fun, games, and a general lack of seriousness on the members part. It's like they are saying: "I can't wait till this meeting is over so we can talk about what we like best, ALCOHOL AND DRUGS!" And then before their 1 week to a month tenure is over, I feel like they exchange numbers and addresses for the sole purpose of meeting up again to start back drinking and taking drugs.

Am I being unreasonable in my thinking? Is it just my imagination why I'm feeling this way? Please help me to understand. Your insightful advice will be highly appreciated.
As a person who has been in multiple inpatient rehabs in the past, the best way to put it is "every place is different"

Some people are court ordered and/or advised by their lawyer, and some people you meet will have the not serious about recovery vibe to them.

Other people you meet, in group or in general at a treatment center will take their recovery as a life of death situation and approach it with 100% commitment.