View Single Post
Old 04-13-2005, 01:20 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Julie1016

Recently a friend of mine was dating a married man (still is i think) he told her to her face that he is not leaving his wife, ever! I think he's a sh*t, she thinks he's her soul mate and wont give him up. However everytime i saw her she'd be in tears that he hasnt called her, or is going on his family holiday with wife and child...this has gone on for years now, and i could not put up with it anymore, i told her time and time again that he was honest and upfront with her, so either she puts up and shuts up or she gets out.
I eventually had to get rid of her out of my life as it was this constant misery all the time....i tried to help, i tried to listen....but in the end there was no helping her and i'd end up with pent up anger towards this idiot who i didnt even know!

OMG that is so me with my one friend who's daughter has the bf that causes problems. Sad part is her daughter is ONLY 16 and she has been dating this guy for 2-1/2 years. That to me is a whole nother topic so don't even get me started. Amazing part of the daughters bf...he has the same last name as my maiden name....I often wonder if we are somehow related lol. One thing with my friend though, she WILL take some of my advice but only to a certain degree. Like she'll start something I mention.but then never follow it all the way through. She has a good heart, she really honestly does. And when things are good between her daughter & bf, then we have a regular friendship. Lucky i guess for me the past 3 weeks had been normal...until last night. lol. Talking to the other friend going through the seperation today, and she must not have liked what i said at one point cuz she logged off without saying goodbye. Oh well. I take so much listening and then i get sick of it and start to be blunt and tell things as I see it. Afterall i have my own issues to deal with.