Thread: Day 1 again :(
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2014, 09:33 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Magellan

Hi Mavis, I'm only 13 days sober and very new to this, but my day #1 would typically be Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday but then by Friday I would be weak and drink through the weekend only to quit again M,T,W... Friday's are my "El Guapo" (tough days) so I decided to make day 1 a Friday figuring if I could get through my tough day, then maybe my 2nd toughest day Saturday wouldn't be as difficult and then M,T,W would help build the momentum into Friday, which I conquered last week. It is kinda like when you're a kid and eat your veggies first to get it over with. Okay, now everyone knows that I'm a bit crazy, but once I conquered Friday, it seemed easier for me to win all the other days and to keep winning. I don't want to get complacent, but Friday's no longer scare me and I look forward to the weekend. My wife also didn't understand why I was quitting, I only told her a few days ago, after I had enough time sober behind me so she wouldn't think it was a phase and the forever thing was a bit difficult too, but explaining my reasons and honestly detailing how much we drink made her realize that we had traveled down a very bad road, I think she may quietly be re-evaluating her drinking, although without me drinking she can keep it to 1-2 glasses of wine (of course I remind her that her glass of wine is not "regulation" haha) so I added another reason to stop, I was her bad influence, maybe now I'll be the good influence...good luck on Day #1, you can do this.