View Single Post
Old 10-22-2014, 05:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
ladyscribbler

I feel very little pity for my ex, especially where our son is concerned. He is naturally the first one to complain about me "keeping them apart" like he has no part in it. He got his phone shut off so he can drink the money, complains about paying child support because again it cuts into his drinking budget yet somehow it's all my fault they don't have a relationship.
He brought this about with his choices and behavior and has done nothing to correct it. It's not my or anyone else's job to make him be a parent. We send him cards and pictures at holidays because my son wants to. They talk on the phone when my ex manages to sober up enough to borrow a phone and actually call at a time when our son can talk. That is the full extent of their contact. I feel sad for my son, but there's nothing I can do. Active alcoholics will have grandiose moments of entitlement, but that doesn't mean they are actually entitled to anything, especially not a relationship with a child who they are choosing to ignore and neglect so that they can drink.