Old 10-21-2014, 04:16 AM
  # 402 (permalink)  
Lenina

dear Cow! I do the same thing in the mornings....that grasping onto the dream and seeing where I can take it or it take me. Its part of the sleep disorder I have, it's called Epic Dreaming. Vivid, intense and very long. I also enjoy decoding the symbolism. I really like iconography, especially the religious ones.

AO, I studied the Tarot many years ago, I love the iconography of the Rider Deck Major Arcana. It's interesting to me the myths and legends of humans and how similar they all are.

I've been following a series in the Daily Mail (yes, I know, I know, it's a right wing rag and full of nonsense but I can't help myself...don't judge me) The series is about a new book by a neurosurgeon who died and was revived. I'll post a link here to the third part. It's interesting to me. Dr Eben Alexander has lost his scepticism about the after-life* | Daily Mail Online

A friend of mine had a near death experience at 23. She died from an ovarian cyst that ruptured. Was dead on the table for over 30 minutes. She tells a story of floatin up, watching with disinterest her body being working on. her first thought was "I'm glad to be shed of THAT" and then soared through colors and light, warm and safe, feeling love and giving love. She was told she had to go back. She said no. A voice told her she must return, and she said no way. I will only go back if someone makes me". boom. Icy cold, in great pain and as she says..."mad as hell!!"

Did it really happen or was it just the brain self soothing?

Connie Willis, one of my most favorite writers, has a book titled "Passage" about a psychologist researcher of near death experiences. Its a novel, well worth reading as are all of her books. This one was special to me. Give it a look. She's a fabulous writer!

I have mixed feelings. I think there is an interconnectedness (is that a word?) in our universe. reincarnation may be genetic memories. I don't know. I've seen a ghost. I sometimes catch glimpses of something. I'm not that psychotic or delusional I don't think. certainly jetlagged, menopaused, sleep deprived, from California so...well....make your own judgements.

It's interesting to think about. I don't believe we are just mulch these days. There's more, I think.

Love from Lenina