Thread: I'm stuck
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2014, 06:14 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
desypete

Originally Posted by patricia68 View Post
I can't deal with her "tough love" right now. She is good but I really can't handle the brutal honesty. I know she's doing it to make me "snap out of it", and I am grateful for her. It worked in the past, but today I just want to crawl under a blanket and hide until this is all over.
my sponsor would come over and sit with me or keep me company if i was feeling so low
i know when my little lad died i wouldnt be around today if it wasnt for that guys love he shown me

he really is one of the most amazing sponsors in aa sure he can get hard if there is a need to but most of the time he doesnt say much to me he just lets me do all the talking and somehow it all comes out and i find my mood changes

to be honest i dont like hard line sponsors as to me they get the reaction your now showing in terms of not calling them as they know what sort of reaction there going to get so they dont call and end up feeling crap and on there own

i spent a lot of time curled up in bed doing nothing after my lad died, i couldnt face the world at all its taken me a while to get back out and about and even now i can still have an off day

off days are ok to life isnt always going to be happy joyus and free mood swings are either ultra high or ultra low

in time we do learn how to not get so high or so low but sadly to get there we have to come through the pain first

growing pains i call them now and today i can not get away with feeling low as i know that low feeling will grow and grow unless i do something about it

if you believe in god then say some prayers whatever works for you but the best thing for me to do when i am really fed up is to get along to an aa meeting and hopefully there will be a new comer there who is in need of a friend
i can offer my hand out and see if i can help them and believe me it really does work
in a flash i end up forgetting all about my own problems as i am more concerned for the new comer

but i have to be the one to put that effort in : )

good luck to you and so long as you dont pick up that first drink no matter how badly life hits us we are in with a shout