View Single Post
Old 10-19-2014, 05:38 PM
  # 457 (permalink)  
gleefan

Fabl - The Newcomer section of SR is full of amazing advice that helped me stop drinking. It's always good to see you on the February thread, though. There are lots of reasons why I may have chosen to drink, but sometimes in the beginning it's easiest to keep it simple (as referenced by SoberLeigh and dSober above) - I'm an alcoholic.

I've always been a fairly insightful person who was interested in the deeper reasons behind my actions, but all the soul searching and psyche prodding came to a standstill every time I chose to drink. Being an active alcoholic mucks up the enlightenment process. In sobriety I've taken off into directions I always wanted, but never knew how to attain.

Keeping an open mind is one of the most beneficial things I've done. Gratitude, acceptance, and authenticity are things that I once dismissed as simplistic, yet have become the cornerstones of my recovery. Being willing to hear the messages in a variety of recovery resources, take what I needed and leave the rest behind, has transformed my life.

I know you can do this Fabl.