View Single Post
Old 10-18-2014, 01:33 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
2muchpain

Originally Posted by Resolv View Post
I arrived at my hotel following a 3 1/2 hour drive for a work assignment the following day. Proceeded to get drunk. Passed out. Woke up, glanced at the clock and was surprised to see I had overslept. I had mere minutes to get dressed and to get to my assignment a couple of miles away. I ran out of the hotel to my car, sped to the venue and discovered no one there. It wasn't 8 am, it was 8 pm, the night before my assignment.

Unfortunately, one of several "tipping points."
Your post reminded me of a similar situation I had. I had a 9:00 am appointment to see my doctor. Drove to his office and parked. Noticed the parking lot was empty. Then it dawned on me that it was still dark outside. Realized it was 9:00 pm. Pretty nervous about driving home in my condition. Stopped at a liquor store to buy something to calm my nerves. The owner noticed there was something wrong with me and called the police. Thought of just taking off, but knew the owner got my license #. Waited outside my car for the police to arrive. Cops told me they could charge me with a DUI just based on what the owner observed. Gave me a break, and told me to walk home and pick my car up the next day. Walked to a gas station, picked up a six-pack and went home.