View Single Post
Old 10-18-2014, 12:39 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
margherita

Originally Posted by ArtFriend View Post

I really never suffered a one "terrible" event that spelled it out in black in white. Such as a health issue or car accident. I simply came to "know" it was time. Indefinable really. People say you have to reach rock bottom. That was not the case with me.
That was not the case with me either. I don't think I hit rock bottom. Yes, my health started to decline, I would get wasted and say/do things I did not mean (honestly, some of the stuff that I would say I did not even know where they even came from - it was so weird). I had this 24/7 compulsion to drink, such an obsession. I felt that my entire life was around alcohol. I would go to work and be annoyed because it interfered with my drinking. Everything else was secondary to my drinking. I did not lose any friends, job, family members (this is probably why my addictive voice still tells me I could drink one way, after all, I haven't lost anything so dear to me in my life because of drinking).

Nothing terrible, life-changing happened to me as a result of my drinking. I did not have serious consequences to my drinking, but I knew it had to stop because everything horrible that happened to other people with drinking, I KNEW sooner or later they could happen to me. They just had not happened YET. It was only a matter of time.