Thread: New to the site
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2014, 11:56 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
margherita

Stewy84, congrats on your decision. I was the same way as you and Ghostlight1 - drinking at home by myself day after day.

Alcohol was the only thing I cared about. Sure, I could meet up with friends and go to dinner, to a bar - but ultimately I did not really care about spending time with anyone. I only went to social events to drink - and of course I wouldn't even go if I knew I could not drink. Even if I went out, I did not care to socialize. I wouldn't be enjoying the dinner or friends' company, and I wasn't able to drink one or two glasses of wine to "enjoy" whatever I was doing. I only cared to get drunk as fast as humanly possible and that's it. So towards the end it didn't make sense to go out anymore. I could just drink at home alone and I wouldn't have to deal with others noticing how much I drank or having to keep up a straight face in front of others. We all know that all we need to do is not pick up that first drink - simple to say but not easy at all to do. But you can do it...we are all right here with you!