Old 10-17-2014, 04:50 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  
bigsombrero

Happy birthday Tetra! Glad you're off to a good start. Many of us wish we started our 34th year in such good shape, congrats!!!!

Funny cat story Olive. My old cat got wise to the old "front door weather = back door weather" routine after a while. He was a city cat and gained some street smarts over the years, he survived various skirmishes with racoons, neighbors, and cars and lived until he was 14. He was well behaved inside the house except for Christmas, whenever we put up a tree he'd go nuts and brought it down with a crash many times. He was a tabby cat so we just called him Tabby and that worked. In his golden years he took it easy and loved to sit on the radiator in the winter and watch the squirrels and birds at the backyard feeder. I miss having a pet! But my free-wheelin' lifestyle just doesn't fit.

So I am going for the kind of pets that fit me now - plants! I'm going to the big nursery/plant store here in town and going to buy some flowers and palms for my terrace tomorrow morning. It's the rainy season so it's a great time to have some outdoor plants soak up plenty of water in a new location. I hope to have my deck covered in green by this time tomorrow!