Old 10-17-2014, 08:04 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
HealthyLiving

Originally Posted by allforcnm View Post
HealthyLiving,

You are welcome to start a new thread or post on this one.. its all up to you.

I think the comments you received are good .. its a personal decision you have to make.. after reading more of your posts it sounds like you had well thought out and valid reasons for breaking up with him. It doesn't mean he is a bad person.. but instead there are just things going on you cant live with. If your having second doubts.. maybe try making a pro/con list and be very honest with yourself.
Thank you. I have made only "con" lists so far because the "pros" of the relationship are always heavy on my mind and writing them down only makes me want to drop everything and run to him.

After reading several books on love addiction/codependency and listening to my therapist along with several friends who have gone through various 12 Step programs, I feel like I've been "trained" to let him go. But my gut/heart says otherwise. It's hard to know which voice I should follow.

I do find it interesting that I am spending about an hour a day reading the posts here (especially about Secular Recovery, which I never knew existed and would have suited him a ton better than AA). As far as I know, he has not taken any steps toward sobriety since I split, and here I am reading about programs for the first time. Hello codependency and "rescuing" and all the other labels that I thought didn't apply to me? Or can it just be love and caring? Where is the dividing line when you love someone?