Thread: Starting day 7
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2014, 07:23 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Lusher
Living Sober

Hey zeppodog,

First, congrats on day 7!

I've been where you are. I've read some of what you've included in some of your other postings, so I have an idea of where you once were, which sounds like where I was too.

The first week for me was definitely the hardest for me physically with the withdrawals. Everybody is different, but mine were noticeably better after the first week, and pretty much gone after week two.

However, it did take longer to start getting what I would consider a good nights sleep. I am guessing that was because I still felt up-side-down mentally, because when I went to sleep I was not drunk. I had to actually fall asleep rather than to simply 'pass out.' This was new to me and I had to adjust.

However, (and I found this to be huge) as more and more time went by, I was actually sleeping like a 'normal' person. Not the buzzed sleep that I was so use to, but the solid stuff. I mean that refreshed feeling when I awoke, that I had not really felt for over 20+ years.

I'm sure as a little more time goes by and you adjust, you'll feel much better at night.

Hang in there!!!