View Single Post
Old 10-16-2014, 09:16 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
theuncertainty

Thank you, FireSprite. I really appreciate the pointer on how to bring up the topic. I'm realizing that I'm still kind of afraid to bring up subjects touching on AXH's lack of attention to DS because AXH might twist the idea of the dicussion around to 'she's bashing me to my son'. Which, I know is an unfounded worry, because AXH hasn't even tried to talk to DS, so he would never know that any discussion took place. And even if he did, it wouldn't be anything he could use if I truly don't approach it that way. 2.5 years, with proof that he couldn't do it during the divorce, and I'm still worried he'll follow through on his threats to find a way to take DS away so I'd never see him again....

But the day was DS's day. We spent the afternoon after school at the museum walking through the Brick by Brick Lego exhibit, dinner with family, stories of little DS and little cousins, listening to him play and laugh with his cousins. His favorite dessert, and being showered with love and attention by family. It was a lovely day.