# 6 (permalink)  
Fly N Buy
Trudgin

Originally Posted by Treebranch View Post
First Post

Sober for awhile now....
Go to meetings around town....
Have a sponsor and a home group.....
Sponsor uses a step action program....He is busy and does not reach out to me much....If I ask for help he responds/helps

Cant get past Step Three....I pray-Dont know how....I want a relationship with a higher power-Hard to get one.....I am willing to believe in a higher power

The inventory in the following steps Really Scares me.
Great heartfelt post!
I have a sponsor who at first seemed aloof, but good long term sobriety. He had/has what I want. After 4 months I now consider him a friend, but have others in the group I reach out to / they reach out. For me it's kind of like the whole group is a sponsor of sorts.

I learned the 3rd step prayer - took me a week or two. Repeated it many times daily. It is still part of my morning meditation. I think it's all encompassing in our program. Do you know it?

The Third Step Prayer

We ask God in our time, he answers in his - I was taught and learned. It is a process though, it was for me.

Please just keep going - day's turn into months quickly. The knowledge we gain may then be put into action of the steps.

Consider getting the twelve and twelve. It is AA literature and a how to of working the steps with great insight.
Alcoholics Anonymous : Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions

Don't worry about 4 .....there's time, when you're ready. It was refreshing!

You're on your way, acceptance is the key and patience.

Warm regards,
Fly