Old 10-16-2014, 09:43 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
HealthyLiving

Originally Posted by Needabreak View Post
In your case, it sounds like you are ok with active alcohol / drug use in your life, yes?

But if you aren't ok with active alcohol / drug use in your life, you would be doing your ex bf a disservice by telling him that you want to rekindle things while having a hidden agenda. You would also be setting yourself up for continued heartache.

Sounds like you're looking for someone outside of you to tell you what to do / give you rules. These things should come from within.

I'm not okay with it. Thanks for asking that. He's admitted several times that he knows addiction has played serious havoc with his life and relationships. He knows, but...aside from occasional 30-day sobriety runs to prove to himself he can...he keeps choosing to keep at it.

I don't know why (other than the easily label of coda) that I look for outside opinion so much. I just feel a very strong pull to go back to him and attempt a more grown up discussion on whether to end the relationship, but perhaps that is just a fool's idea. I did call him 10 days after the break and he sounded like a wounded animal; the call went nowhere. Now it's coming on 6 weeks. I'm wondering if we can reach a point (soon) where we can talk about it without making it worse.