View Single Post
Old 10-16-2014, 02:13 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
MythOfSisyphus

I'm an AVRT guy. I absolutely view The Beast as real, although it's kind of a metaphor. The Beast/AV is that part that craves pleasure but has not concept of consequences. It wants what it wants and doesn't care that what it wants will kill me/it both.

We will always have a "relationship" to the Beast, and it will never die so long as we live. In small doses it serves a purpose and has existed alongside us since the beginning. But the relationship has to be master and slave with us being the master and the Beast being the slave. It can't be allowed to call the shots.

Just as muscle grow when we use them, the reverse is true. When we exercise control over the Beast it gets weaker and weaker. It will always be dangerous though so you have to be careful.

Lastly, not only does the Beast get weaker starving in its cage, your higher mind gets stronger. In the beginning your Beast voice sounds identical to "you", that is to say you mistake what it wants for what you want. As you practice AVRT though it gets easier and easier to recognize the Beast as a distinct voice. Once you recognize it it's a lot easier to ignore/counter.