View Single Post
Old 10-15-2014, 08:54 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
MesaMan

'Eye-luh'

We used to rent for a week a former Church on Islay off the West Coast of the Scottish Mainland proper. It's the 3rd, small, Slate Grey Rooftop visible in the Trees when starting from the Pic right side. 'Lagavulin' was my intensely-Peaty favorite. Got too expensive, even for me. In no small irony, it was the first Single Malt ever served me. Da Wife was getting her Masters Degree, and I was making do for Dinner at some local Happy Hour Fete. After sipping down most of the Pour, I complained about the microscopic Peat Fly in my Glass. That earned me a free Refill. Sort of like the ole Drug Dealer come on: 'The First One's Free'. The rest is my Personal History... Fortunately, I get to write my own Sober ending to that History.

A Lag Tour Guide told me he'd never drank in his 30 years of Employment there, and still did not in semi-Retirement. Laudable discipline for me to emulate. My notation in their Guest Book: 'Ain't no foolin', it's Lagavulin'.

Going back sober would be mighty interesting. Not unlike a Diabetic going to a Chocolate Festival, I suppose. Lots of Standing Stones and amazing history all over ~25,000 Acre Islay.

We'll see... We want to see Iceland and Portugal, so a 6th Trip to Scotland might be a theoretical situation that never happens.

---
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
LagDist_800.jpg (57.1 KB, 25 views)