Old 10-15-2014, 12:34 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
BlueChair

Im sorry for how badly your hurting. When you broke up with him do you feel like it was done spontaneously as a reaction, or did you think it through and feel confident it was the right choice? Sometimes we love someone but realize in out hearts and minds they aren’t right for us, and these breakups are the worst. I think you just have to give it serious thought, and then if you feel there is more to discuss with him see if he’s open to it. He voluntarily stopped himself for a month, did he talk about why he started again?

I dont see anything wrong with sharing information about recovery options, but I can see where during a breakup it might not be received in the most positive way unless your careful on how its presented.

I dont think a lot of people understand there are many free sources of support out there, and maybe worse I dont think people understand how they work. Like with Smart its based on behavioral approaches, so you can have (or have not) any HP you want and fit it into your program as you see fit.

The control for his drinking is still in his hands, nothing comes to any of us without some type of effort or work on our part.