View Single Post
Old 10-15-2014, 12:53 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Jeni26

Thanks Andy. There's been a couple of things at work that have sent me spiralling I think. We lost a pupil last week. Not uncommon because we work with some very poorly kids, but we've got his funeral on Friday and it's a burial. I'm expected to attend but I just don't think I can cope with seeing his young family's grief so soon after losing my Dad. And I know that must seem terribly selfish.

And one of my favourite little ones has had to be excluded from school because we cannot safely manage his behaviour. I had lots to do with this lad and he was my special buddy. Knowing I'm not ever going to work with him again is breaking my heart. We really had a special bond.

Everything seems so hard at the moment. And I know there are some real blessings in my life and I try to focus on them, but I'm failing.

Anyway, I've got an appointment at 11. The snooty receptionist said it had to be an emergency to get seen today so I told her it was. I don't think it was really but I can't wait a week to get a regular appointment.

I've been isolating I know, and it helps to just type this out. Thanks for listening.