View Single Post
Old 10-14-2014, 09:16 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Thumper

Originally Posted by wanttobehealthy View Post
Can you (I am asking out of selfishness to know how to do this with my insane xAH too) explain what you sent by way of a calendar to him?
School calendar of activities is online at the school website so it was that link. I scanned and attached sports schedules etc.

Our towns newspaper is only $35 a year so he can order his own for community activities. Included the phone number.

We have school reach which is an automated phone call that tells about closures and last minute updates. I added his number to the list at the beginning of the year.

Campus portal is something our school has and it shows all grades, assignments, tardies, behavior reports etc. on-line. I included the link and password.

Our Children's clinic has an on-line "My Chart" where lab results, medications, and schedule appointments are located. Sometimes doctors notes. You can communicate via email through there as well. There is a link and password.

I created a google calendar for visitation and it was based off the court ordered visitation schedule. Our visitation schedule was the standard that the state has online so I included a link to that in the email. You can share google calendars and I had the link/password for that and I also mailed him a hard copy of the google calendar.

Originally Posted by meggem View Post
Thumper do you mean like a template email that I just can resend? Hmm.. something like this –

As per the custody agreement you are entitled to Dinner from 5 to 7 on Wednesday and every other weekend blah blah.

If you cannot keep this commitment please let me know by simply responding that you are unable. something something??
Yes except mine was just the links and passwords. I did not include any commentary. He knows what the custody agreement is. The calendar just had his name or mine on the appropriate days. I quit telling him what to do regarding his commitments. It led to epic arguments. Adults know they are to contact people when they can't keep an appointment. My 8yo knows that. If they are not the type to do that, me reminding them to do it isn't going to make any difference at all. It is just poking the bear.