Thread: Tax debacle
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2014, 08:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

Tax debacle

I have NO agreement with the court or xAH around who claims whom for taxes or how to deal with deductions etc... It is NOT for lack of trying. The court has refused to rule for a year on ANY motions filed and just continues hearings on every issue bc of a severe shortage of judges... So Im flying by the seat of my pants... My lawyer (new one after I fired my inept one in July) has said that I am in a terrible position of needing to show the court that I continue to be as fair and reasonable as possible while there is no clarity on issues like this BUT that she knows that xAH abuses my being "reasonable" any chance he gets...

Anyway, because of all that I am having qualms about whether to file alone by tomorrow (the extension deadline) or to file jointly to avoid further drama with him and allow him to share the deductions.

Legally (per the IRS) I am allowed to claim the girls myself bc they live with me and same with deducting the mortgage etc...

However he has been texting me OBSESSIVELY for the past 2 days about how he will make an issue of this when we DO finally go to court if I do not file jointly and let him share the deductions AND since there is no order about who is allowed to claim what, it IS a bit of a conundrum.

Anyone experience anything similar?