View Single Post
Old 10-14-2014, 03:54 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  
UnixBer

Originally Posted by AlwaysSober1 View Post
But what I find strange is quitting caffeine for 3 days has lowered my tolerance to caffeine, normally I would find tea relaxing, but now shortly after i drink a cup of tea I feel really anxious, stressed, uneasy, the same effect I used to get with coffee!
I noticed this same thing with tea. Even in green tea I noticed the caffeine in the taste and sensations. This reinforced the idea that this stuff can't be good.

There are also herbal coffees available, you'd have to order online or find a store that sells them. It's commonly called Teeccino. There are tastes I hear that are very similar to coffee but zero caffeine content. Contrary to decaf, which has caffeine and I've decided on absolute abstinence of caffeine.

They should also contain as much of those antioxidants that coffee-promoters often gloat with. There are herbal teas that have at least double the antioxidant content compared to coffee. It's a matter of looking into new alternatives and giving them a try.

I also got spikes of anxiety even from a sip of green tea when I had had a little break from caffeine and then returned to it. Could so clearly feel the caffeine.