View Single Post
Old 10-13-2014, 04:53 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  
NorCaliGal

Hi all -

Snoozy you crack me up!

You too Crois - Ricardo, ha ha!

Went to brunch with a friend today (the friend I reached out to on Sunday.) It was really nice. Had one of my favorite sandwiches at the cafe we went to - a crab and artichoke open face melt. Mmmm! And good conversation.

Then I went to physical therapy and my hand got quite a workout. Will be elevating and icing soon. Hand is coming along nicely though, very encouraging!

Crois, I think half of my Kindle is filled either with books on alcoholism/addiction or codependency! I'll have to list them when I'm on the laptop vs. my phone. I do recall that Carolyn Knapp's "Drinking - A Love Story" really resonated with me so I will be giving it a re-read. Also "Lit" by Mary ? (can't recall her last name off the top of my head.) Right now I'm reading "Buddhism For Beginners" by Thubten Chodron. I find the personal responsibility emphasis in Buddhism really appealling, and I'm interested in learning more. The book is providing a great introduction.

Any books that you'd recommend?

Bob, I'll have to wait until I get to the computer to see your pics. Can't see them on my phone - boo!

Well that's it for now. Take care my Julyers!

NCG