View Single Post
Old 10-12-2014, 02:59 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
yeahgr8

Its big over in the UK too. They have started scanning people that fly in from any of the 3 main affected countries. There will definitely be cases that make their way over here or "start" here from the illegal bush meat trade. Definitely could get a bit out of hand not so much because of the reality of implications of a potential outbreak of ebola in the UK but because people are afraid.

My daughter was due to go to Gibraltar at the end of this month and I've asked her to cancel that and go later not because i am worried about her getting Ebola on a plane (extremely unlikely even if sitting next to someone with ebola) but because of the hysteria that is coming, I would hate for her to be unlucky enough to be on a plane where a case of Ebola is found because they will quarantine everyone for 21 days and that would suck and be frightening for her.

It sounds like they have a good grip on it and the government has obviously just given the major pharmaceutical companies a tonne of money to develop a vaccination and a cure but that will take a number of months.

Anyways lets see what happens next couple of weeks?!