View Single Post
Old 10-12-2014, 02:48 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  
SnoozyQ

***I will admit feeling, and this is the wrong attitude but it's honestly bothering me, that I lost some sort of bargaining chip by relapsing myself. And I know that's focusing on his recovery, not mine, that a relationship doesn't work like that etc. But I'm putting it out there. I lost my "holier than thou-ness". It's humbling and hard when you discover parts of yourself that you don't like very much.******

Oh NCG i totally understand your thought process here . Absolutely as i know i would have felt exactly the same way .

But it it was it is , you are human. So look at it n a positive way . You are both on the same level , you are a team . If you look at this in a positive light , it's a actually taken some pressure off you.

He knows more about you than you think he does , so kudos to him for that .

Now you are both on equal footing , you can beat this thing together. If someone falters it doesn't make the other person better because they haven't , it's not a competition , you both love each other so don't beat yourself up anymore love .

We are all here to support you as your friends. The good thing to come out of this is that we have you back , my mum always says out f something bad comes something good .

She's right. I believe you and your partner can do this together . Just remember the awful feelings you have had since you drank . It's strengthened my conviction , so you have helped me , truly !

I was romanticising about it just a little bit too much of late , but you have made me see there is no bloody romance in booze . It's all a friggen lie ! I would be feeling exactly the same as you cos i couldn't stop at one .

Geez i was kidding myself , but thank you dear friend for opening my eyes even at your own expense and sharing how this has made you feel . You are such a good person NCG xx love you lots

xxxxx