View Single Post
Old 10-12-2014, 09:41 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Hammer
Engineer Things; LOVE People

Was talking about Gratitude at yesterday's Alanoon Meeting.

So this might not make sense until / unless you have started drinking the Alanon Koolaid. But I drink it by the bucketful, and highly recommend it.

So. One of the Senior Alananny Angels was commenting that she was having a hard time on some stuff . . . about like where this thread started. And that Gratitude to seems to be quite an effective counter. Some folks observed that being bothered on the Them, Them, Them side of things, can even keep awake at night over Them, Them, Them.

I mentioned that I had heard about the Gratitude Alphabet (start at A, and work you way down the Alphabet), and that it seems to clear things pretty quick -- At night I usually do not make it past "J" or so, until I am out peacefully.

Even came around in a reading a couple folks after me . . . that Gratitude Alphabet. So of course, last night, it would have to be tested. Made it all the way through Z once, and started over. Think I made it N or so the second time.

So if you would like to try and get it started . . . but do not copy mine .. . . you cannot get better doing someone else's stuff . . . Things you are grateful for:

A -- Alanon.
B -- Big Book
C -- The Three C's.
D -- (my) Daughter
E --