View Single Post
Old 10-12-2014, 09:02 AM
  # 424 (permalink)  
casinva

LS, Happy Belated Birthday! I meant to acknowledge it in my prior post but once again this forgetful brain had a mind of it's own. Glad you're feeling a bit better. Thanks for the heads up on the medicine - it never occurred to me that they could cause a craving but it's good to know.

Lulu, I absolutely loathe the smell of alcohol and like you I can pick up the scent a mile away. Big, huge KUDOS to you for making it through that rehearsal dinner!!! What is it with weddings these days? Once upon a time you had a small rehearsal dinner and then the wedding the next day. Now it's a rehearsal dinner, brunch before the wedding, the wedding itself, brunch or breakfast the next morning. It's nonstop! Like you, I analyze what would happen if I were to drink and go through all the scenarios like you do. I'm very grateful that my mind gives me the ability to do that other than just acting on it in the moment like I used to. Can't wait to hear about the wedding!

I realized something this morning. Autumn used to be my most favorite season. While I still love the beauty of the trees as their leaves change, especially in my neck of the woods, and love being outside in all it's glory, I don't consider it my favorite anymore. I think I loved it so much because the days got shorter and there was less time spent outdoors so I didn't have that guilt of wanting to be home drinking. I could justify it more. Crazy, I know.

For example, last night our boys went off to the mall and it was just my husband and myself, discussing what we were going to do for dinner. You know, the usual "Where do you feel like going?" "I don't know, what about you?" etc. etc. etc. We finally decided on, of all things, pancakes for dinner. At home. I was laughing as we sat down to eat at our "wild and crazy Saturday night". It felt so right.

On that happy note, I'm off to enjoy this day!