View Single Post
Old 10-11-2014, 11:06 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  
Noolan

Hello Juners,

I've been MIA as of late. Today marks 120 days without booze. The reason for my absence largely has to do with a large workload and graduate school. Also, I've engaged in some other mind altering substances, so "sober" isn't completely accurate term for me to date.

All that said, the biggest thing that became obvious to me through all this, was I was a shell of myself. Booze was the only priority in my life. I used it to escape from my problems, even though it didn't feel like that at the time. Also, it was such a distraction, it stunned my growth as an adult, in my career, and in my pursuit of happiness. The last 120 days have given me so much insight in my previously terrible way of living that it's like who was that person.

Anywho, I'm not sure if I won't drink tomorrow or 20 years from now. What I do know is, the work has just begun and I'm living life on my terms again. I'm not running from my fears and I'm focused on accepting all my faults, fears, and me. Life is better than it's ever been. Thank you all for the support you gave me in times of absolute darkness.