Old 10-10-2014, 05:50 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
heartcore

Day 2, still not smoking cigs. Getting sick (I don't think it has anything to do with not smoking - just a coincidence. A happy coincidence really, because it is rainy & cold & I feel completely justified curling up in bed for a post-work nap.

One thing I've noticed - both in early sorbriety & in this new detox venture, is that I often need am excuse to just stop & kick back. Like being sick. The realization is that (amongst other things), this is one of the things alcohol "offered.". An excuse to just lounge around - during alcohol (drunk) & during "feeling sick" the next day. No matter how many long baths I take, or evenings set aside to stay home & read, the "relaxation" doesn't have quite the same flavor.

I also note that not smoking I feel that my muscles are tense & I have a headache. So, yes a happy collision with being sick, because I can tell my AV - "no, a cig won't help, you've just got a bad cold.". And he believes it. Very clever, me.

So, to bed, & I'll just wake up a teeny bit further along in the journey. I'm not sure if this would have been easier to do all at once (alcohol & cigs). I didn't feel ready, but it's sort of irritating to have to go through a whole new detox when I was just starting to feel well...