Old 10-10-2014, 12:33 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
BlueChair

Your officially a CSO now !! concerned significant other

Allfor did a better job explaining than I could, but isnt it an awesome feeling to know you arent completely powerless? You get to draw your own roadmap!

Someone told me a while back they thought Craft would work best when couples have a good relationship, because how can you work it if your so filled with anger and bitterness at your spouse ? It wouldnt end up very positive or sincere!

I think you should have hope because at least right now your both engaged in change. Seeing the counselor is an important step too. I think somewhere in craft, and I know smart says it doesnt intend to be a replacement for professional aid, but it accompanies these efforts. I found it fits right in with our counseling because we focus a lot on communicating, understanding ourselves and each other.

Thank you for your words, its hard. I dont feel ashamed of reaching out for help, or for reading things to help me or our relationship. But its also awkward. somewhere in the book I think it talks about a woman who started using it, she didnt tell her husband. months went by and they were doing better. one day he found the book, thumbed through it and told her this book would be good for one of their neighbors. He was sincere and she had to laugh, its how subtle craft is, not like dropping a bomb.