View Single Post
Old 10-10-2014, 11:19 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
maia1234

So Tonsoffaith, do you think that he will come home after a fun filled weekend, and won't drink on Sunday? Really, with those Great Bloody Mary's that are out there for brunch.

He will smoke a cigar, chew gum, breath mints, or anything, to not have you smell his alcohol. So do you really want to set him up for this, as you know he will fail, because he is an A and that's what A's do, DRINK...

Just my thoughts - Sounds like you are ready and prepared. Why are you waiting for a big fight, have your daughter see this and leave. If you are ready and comfortable with your decision do it on your time frame, don't wait. Make it comfortable for you and your daughter, if you have a place to stay. Why sit and wait for a fight, to do what you now needs to be done. Be prepared for a very angry man though.

I had 2 daughters, they are 22 and 20. They are the best things that ever happened to me. From the time they were little they new Dad had a drinking problem. They always new Dad had a beer with him, and always smelled like liquor. Their Grandfather was an A, and I told them they had their Dads DNA. Very good chance that they would be allergic just like their Dad. So neither of my kids drink. My older one is 22 and has maybe had 3 drinks her whole life. She asked me the other day how i can drink beer because of the smell. I just admitted to them that he smokes pot. My younger daughter kept asking me why dads lighter smelled like pot all the time. I would always protect him. I finally confessed that he smokes daily and that is why he can't go get another job because of drug testing. They know stuff......

You have to be open and honest with your daughter. They hear the fights and they are very smart kids. Don't hide anything, you will be surprised on what she will share with you that she has seen. You might be very sad when she tells you things that he did behind your back. (my daughter told me dad use to drive with a beer in the car)

Just have a plan. If you leave what are you doing with this - Divorce, or separation because if you are only doing it to make him get sober, it will not work. If you leave and he gets sober good for you, if you leave and he doesn't get sober good for you.

You will be in my prayers this weekend. Good luck and believe in yourself as you know what you need to do and how to do it. ((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))