View Single Post
Old 10-10-2014, 04:11 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  
ScooterBoo

Good morning, Team!

What wonderful posts have been added! Dee, Choobie, London, BBF, Grateful...not sure I have them all, but very impressive!

Glandon, I have somehow managed to lose almost 11 pounds in my eight weeks of sobriety. My old neighbor told me the reception after her husband's funeral tomorrow will be at a very exclusive country club. I went shopping, and was very pleased at how my regular size was too big. I weighed myself yesterday morning at the Y and was really surprised. I guess my new chocolate-infused diet is nothing compared to the beer, wine and late night food deliveries I was doing.

Grateful, your posts say it all =- You have this, and you will be better off going forward. You are free.

BBF, so happy you came right back to us after your slip last week. You are now back on track!

Cute, if you go to the Betty Crocker website there are a large number of pumpkin recipes. Do you like to bake? cook? That is one of my passions when I am sober!

I am going to the Y, then meeting some old friends for lunch and shopping. I will cut it short to be home to get ready for my neighbor's calling hours later today. I am hoping my brother is feeling better and does not feel the need to phone more than once today....the more he calls, the worse he is feeling. I was relieved with only three calls yesterday, and he did seem more calm and stable. Time will tell.

Thanks again for all your support. Chris, Pink, Apple, Dee, Cute, and everyone else - - you have helped so much!

Have a safe and sober day everyone. ENJOY LIFE!