View Single Post
Old 10-10-2014, 03:54 AM
  # 290 (permalink)  
Croissant

NCG, firstly....lovely to hear from you.xx

Sorry it's in not very good circumstances.

I think we all understand the disappointed feeling when we've tripped on our plans for sobriety. Most of all, I found the "why not just one more drinking session, then I'll stop again", voice that is unleashed when we break a good stint of sobriety.

I'm also worried for you, Snooz.

I guess my question is, are you both still incorporating some commitment to your sobriety each day? What tools are in your routine now?

For me, I come here each day still, read at least a few newcomers posts, to remind me of how much I don't want to hurt like that anymore. And encourage occasionally, if I feel it's appropriate.

Then I read something physically or spiritually focused, either on nutrition, or how to manage stress. I try to get some regular exercise.

Regardless of what I do, what I'm trying to say, I simply must keep up at least an hour of commitment just to me each day, and that I'm not going to just give myself over to alcohol so easily again.

I did journal a lot this year and that helped me so much to be self aware, when I start to get run down, not eat properly etc.

Either way, I hope you both find a way through this.