View Single Post
Old 10-09-2014, 07:29 PM
  # 405 (permalink)  
tornrealization
01-14-2019

Originally Posted by Neverthought View Post

Taking it a day a time is great advice, but for someone as impatient as me, it sometimes has a negative effect.

You don't now how many times I've thought about leaving SR and coming back a year later and saying "hey everyone, I made it year". It's that mentality that leads people in a direction where they wake up one day and have no one around. That could easily be me, but I'm changing.

Please join in TR...... :^)
Yes day at a time is a whole new thinking for some people. That person is me. I keep thinking about the endgame. This isn't class or a work project, this is a forever thing - so just hitting a daily goal is much easier than the "I was sober 20 years" goal.

I recently in an impulse tried to leave SR. I remember PatMan's quote about that being a mistake he made. I am resistant to help but recognize that this is possibly the ONLY thing that keeps sobriety on my mind. Active or not, I wouldn't even try without these boards keeping me invested.

I want to join and I think I will be soon. This soul-searching keeps leading me to the same spot, drinking is not working. I guess I'm insane for recognizing my problem and allowing it to go on.

I have a new respect for folks with any kind of addiction. It's unexplainable.

So for happy stuff - going hiking in the lovely Midwest colors this weekend. My boss wanted an accomplishments meeting and I think she's trying to get me promoted or a raise cause what I do, I'm making a ton less than my peers and I'm a flight risk haha. I still love my cats. I'm still wanting to find spirituality and I think of ((dSober ))all the time when I'm processing those thoughts.

NT- you seemed to have come a long way and again thanks for posting.
Glee- I'm so sorry to see your sober pain. I've been watching and I worry. I think you love being sober but it has exposed things about your marriage you didn't know. I really hope I'm not out of line, I just see you evaluate it a lot and you seem empowered about this. I still think you are the glue for many of sober people on the boards.

SL- Thankyou as well for all your support and kind words. I really think twice about what I'm doing with your messages.

LS-I have enjoyed your words as well and your encouragement, thankyou.

Lulu- So happy to have a Nu Lulu possibly on the way. I hope you never ever mistakenly call someone Torn. They'd be like , what? Did you just say Thor? Then you can be like, yes, Thor, that hottie in Avengers.

Casinva - thanks for reminding me that sometimes getting sober for us takes more than skipping a stone in water. I remember you telling me about how long you've been on the boards during one of my freakouts, oyyy!

Dee - your words of wisdom, and well knowledge and experience with people like myself on the boards is just super. I've told you this before but I'm really glad about what you're doing - you are saving lives. I'm glad you take breaks when you need them proving you are indeed human.

DiggingIn- I'm really glad to hear how well you've done with all that hardship you did since I met you on the boards. Thankyou for your support and continuing to be inspiring.

I really am glad I didn't go through with turning off my account, because I really have big hugs for the Febbies. even those we are missing. I hope they are ok.

Time for bed, I did my homework and hooray Friday is coming.