Old 10-09-2014, 06:45 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
wackybunny
hopping for freedom

Originally Posted by heartcore View Post
Change4good - I'm in on the quitting smoking (I'll deal with sugar later). I'm a very light smoker, but those five-ish cigarettes a day are intensely important to me. I'm feeling the contradiction of continuing to dose my body regularly with any kind of poison.

Smoking was heavily associated with drinking for me. Now that the drink is done, hanging onto smoking feels ridiculous.

I'm very healthy in other aspects of my life, and sneak my smoking so as not to be socially shamed (most of my friends & coworkers are athletes). It's just like my drinking was - dividing me from others, forcing me to leave things early to get back to my secret bad habits, guilt, shame.
This pretty much describes my experience too. Total closet smoker. Even my friends are surprised to see me smoke because I hide it from them unless I'm with them for prolonged period. Had enough of the shame. Anyway, on day 9 of no smoking. Been using 1mg lozenges. Is ok but right now wish I had a cigarette. Nice to find you guys quitting too. Have a good night/day wherever you are.